Friday, June 15, 2018

Phone grips... which we like and why.

My Etsy store...
lafrei's shop on Etsy https://etsy.me/1b3KNUS

Yes.... when I first was given one for a gift at the holidays in 2016 - I thought -"Another phone accessory I'd use for a month then toss out."  Nope,  I love it, but I was tired of the design.
So I used my crafty skills to made new designs so I could change it up.
Also while traveling without a mount, I found that with the grip reversed (design side in your palm, instead of to the back of your hand) between your fingers you can easily use your maps. It was less distracting than looking down to the cup holder where my phone was in the rental car, so with hands on the wheel at 10 & 2, I could also hold the phone and see the map.

What my family has helped me test and why we like what we do.

PopSocket - originals that are branded "Boulder Colorado"  are often knocked off, unfortunately. The knock offs are not made with the high quality materials, don't pop up as high and usually have one time use adhesive.
I still use this grip, I like the pop and I don't fiddle with it. It fits my hand well.


Nuckees are new to the game. My daughter has slender hands and it gives her a better fit, so she prefers this one. 

They have an elastic string from the base (that has a repositionable gel adhesive) to the cap top.
My daughter prefers this grip, she like the elastic, and doesn't "fiddle" with it like she did with the PopSocket.

Find me on FB at

Find me on FB at
Cre8tive Chalk - lafrei - Grandma's Crafty Shed

My Etsy Shop

Fall EWC Paint & Chalk

Combining painted wood cutouts and Chalk Couture patterns & and saying transfers we will create a Fall Door Sign.  I need time to assemb...